MESSAGE FROM Dave Murray, P.Eng., National President
On behalf of the CWRA Board I wish you a healthy and happy year of managing water in Canada. 2015 was a successful CWRA year, here are a few highlights:
- We had SYP national calls and several SYP activities at conferences. I especially liked speed networking at the BC Branch Conference and Trivia night in Winnipeg. Meg Olson and Greg Schellenberg have also revived the SYP manual, many thanks for effort and energy.
- We are actively involved with the establishment of a cross
Canada Flood Resilience Network.
- CWRA is involved in the Flood Mapping Technical Working Group sponsored by Natural Resources Canada and Public Safety Canada.
- We had a successful National Conference in Winnipeg in June 2015.
- Project WET is continuing to grow across the country!
- CWRA is engaging with new federal government ministry leadership of relevant to water management.
- Our involvement in the Flood Mapping Technical Working Group sponsored lead Natural Resources Canada and Public Safety Canada and its subgroups are raising our profile with the federal and provincial governments across Canada.
- Representatives of CANCID along with yours truly made a successful bid for the 2018 ICID IEC Conference to be held in Saskatoon.
- CSHS held several webinars and a successful advanced hydrology course!
- CWRA and Engineers Without Borders (EWB) on about to sign an amendment to our existing Memorandum of Understanding which we originally signed in 2010 in support several fellowships on water projects.
How can you get involved in 2016?
- Join CWRA if you are not a member and experience our benefits.
- Join a board or committee to assist our organization and have fun too!
- Tell a colleague about CWRA and spread the word!
We have a lot to be excited about!
New Book Now Available online and in the bookstore
J.W. Pomeroy, C. Spence and P.H. Whitfield