The Latest News From CWRA
January 30, 2023
The deadline for abstract submissions to #CWRA2023 has been extended to February 7, 2023. You can read more about the conference in Halifax and submit your abstract online at the conference website.
January 3, 2023
Applications for Mentors and Mentees for the Winter 2023 National Mentoring Program are now open. Applications are due on January 29, 2023. Find out more information about the program and apply online here.
December 21, 2022
The Call for Abstracts for CWRA 2023 is now open. The deadline for submission is January 31, 2023. You can read more, and submit your abstract in French or English, on the conference website.
Read the CWRA Newsletter
- RT @Rob_Sisson : Key sentence in the Boundary Waters Treaty between US and Canada, Article IV: It is further agreed that the waters herein… 8 hours ago
- RT @rivrchik : Happy #WorldWetlandsDay2023 from the #ColumbiaRiver wetlands 😎 @CWRA_Flows @ColumbiaRiver @apbbiology_bc https://t.co/1dk12mG… 8 hours ago
- RT @CWRAONT : The abstract deadline for #cwra2023 has been extended to next week! 11 hours ago
- RT @CSHS_Hydro : Did you know that CSHS has two cash awards for the best student presentations at the upcoming #CWRA2023 conference in Halif… 11 hours ago
- RT @CSHS_Hydro : Courses and Webinars / Cours et Webinaires - https://t.co/SHLz5SnMaA https://t.co/19vztJKAYq 11 hours ago
WHAT WE DO
Professional Development Events
CWRA is the oldest and largest member-based water resources management association in Canada today. One of CWRA’s main goals is to serve its members by delivering programs, publications, educational opportunities and services, such as conferences, courses, events, scholarships and partnerships.
Expertise and Services
CWRA’s members provide expertise and professional knowledge services in a variety of ways from reviewing and editing water resources management documents to serving on technical advisory committees. The majority of this work is on national, multi-sectoral water related issues.
Resources and Publications
CWRA produces many different publications and resources, some of which are exclusive to members. These include Project WET Canada programming and instructional resources, our member magazine WaterNews, and the Canadian Water Resources Journal.
CWRA members have a wide range of backgrounds – water engineers, hydrologists, geographers, biologists, climate scientists, planners, modellers, academics, industry representatives, and policy makers. Why did they all join? Because members:
- Receive discounts to conferences, workshops, webinars, and technical courses;
- Value professional networking opportunities to share ideas with academics, practitioners, and government;
- Gain insight into water and climate-related issues through our publications and webinars;
- Have access to our Water News magazine and quarterly Canadian Water Resources Journal;
- Learn what’s happening across jurisdictions and with other water-related disciplines in Canada;
- Build relationships, form partnerships, and create collaborations;
- Enjoy the opportunity to volunteer in Canada’s vibrant water community; and
- NEW! Members only online office hours on the first Friday of the month, 1-2PM ET. Sign in as a member for access.
You can join as an individual student, young professional, regular, or retired member of CWRA and our affiliates, CANCID and CSHS, or as a corporate member at three levels of benefits!